Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's

Happy New Year everyone!!!

We didn't go out last night since there were ice warnings and the roads got extremely slick. But we still had a good time hanging out together, watching movies, and drinking wine together. We then watched the fireworks - and boy do German's do fireworks. At midnight, and for about 30 minutes afterwards there were fireworks going off everywhere - and we're not talking about those little fireworks they sell to consumers in the states - these were the big ones, and everyone was shooting them off - it was really neat!

---------------------------------------

I decided that I wanted to have a few New Year's resolutions this year. While I normally don't believe in that kind of thing, this year there are five things I really want to accomplish, so let's call them resolutions:

1) Learn basic German
2) Post to the blog once a week
3) Read 10 military reading list books
4) Knit a pair of socks
5) Lose 20 pounds

No comments: