Saturday, September 26, 2009

Facebook

Mom and Shelly convinced me to give facebook a try and I find I'm addicted to the games! It's crazy! My favorites are Vampire Wars and Farmville. Plus it's nice to be able to use facebook to catch up with old friends - you search for a name and if they're in facebook, they normally have a picture posted and you can immediately see it's the right person.

I spent the last two weeks in the states, first in Norfolk at a JFCOM conference and then in Tampa at a SOCOM conference. While it was handy to catch up on my shopping, two weeks gone, with days in the middle doing nothing, was just far too long! The weather in Tampa was HOT (lower 90's daily) with thunderstorms almost every day. You'd go into a restaurant or a store and come out to the sky opened up downpouring every where. It wasn't gentle drizzling rain like in Washington state, where an unbrella is almost optional (depending on how long you're outside), it was soaking downpours where you're dripping wet from just going to your car.

Both of my conferences went well. I went to the same conferences last year, where my lack of knowledge about my job had me fumbling along. This time I was in an entire different position and could argue the requirements from the get-go. Especially good since a couple of my support people met transportation problems and showed up hours late!

Brad is passionate about short wave radio and is listening to Radio Beijing, Radio Netherlands, etc., whatever he can pick up. We'll definitely be prepared in the event of any disasters!

No comments: