Friday, January 8, 2010

Stuttgart Christmas Market

In addition to the Esslingen Christmas Market, Brad and I went to the Stuttgart Christmas Market. We also wanted to go to the Ludwigsburg market, which is Baroque, but never got there.

I took off from work on a beautiful day the week of Christmas, I think it was in the upper 40's - very nice out. We also went early and got luck and avoided most of the crowds. We drank gluwein (mulled cider) and shopped. We also ate lunch - rotewurst in brot (beef hot dogs in bread), french fries, and wine. Brad did see this fish vendor, and smelled him from afar, but we did not purchase any fish!

What we did get was some Christmas presents - a smoker and Nutcracker for Brad's mom, a scarf for my niece, a couple more cookie cutters for me (I love cookie cutters, especially the little ones when I make shortbread cookies), some socks for Brad, a scarf for Brad, some Christmas ornaments for our tree. It was a beautiful and productive day.

The first photo, of Brad walking up the cobblestone street is cool because of the angled windows on the building ahead of him.

The other pictures are of us enjoying the market.

No comments: