Sunday, February 20, 2011

Driving back across the states

In the early winter, I headed out to school in Dahlgren, Virginia.  For six weeks, I'm to attend Aegis and then Ballistic Missile Defense schools.  Brad drove with me out to Oklahoma, where we stayed for a couple days with Sally and Jerry.  Kaylee's birthday was Thursday, so we brought her presents with (headbands made by me, a DSI XL, and some other things).  Friday we were able to watch Macie's homecoming basketball game (they won), before we went back and Macie headed to the homecoming dance.

Brad stayed in Oklahoma for the weekend while I headed out Saturday morning and drove two days straight (stopping in Tennessee for the night) to Dahlgren to start classes on Monday.  I stopped for books on tape from Cracker Barrel and listened as I drove, making the hours just fly by.  I was lucky and was able to miss any significant weather on this drive also, though big storms came across the east coast both before and after my drive.  

No comments: