Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stuttgart Flea Market


Once a year there is a huge flea market in downtown Stuttgart.  This isn't the normal Saturday flea market - instead it's HUGE!  The booths are set up up in many streets and fill up at least three squares.  Brad and I, never known for turning down a fleamarket opportunity, were quite glad we went here.  Brad is standing in this first picture in the Rathaus square - just look at how many people are behind him!  It's crazy.  I think Brad's right when he commented that the Germans are desperate to have something to do on Sunday's, since all the shops and other places are closed.  This Sunday - they were all downtown!  In the next picture I'm in the square by the new castle and the church (the church is behind me). 
We walked away today with a new oil painting (at least 3ft x 2 ft), two cut glass wine glasses, some scalpel blades (for Brad's hobbies), a bottle stopper, some old Navy buttons, two scarves, a level, and a set of three really cool beer bottles (I think they hold either 2 or 3 Liters each).  It was quite a productive day!

No comments: