Saturday, May 8, 2010

Laura & Reggie's Visit

Good friends of ours from San Diego - Laura and Reggie - came to visit us in Stuttgart the first weekend of May.  The weather was really crappy - cold and rainy, but we took in a couple sites while they were here.  The first day, after picking them up at the airport, we went home and visited for a while, then chanced the rain by going to Hohenzolern castle, here you see it with the mist wrapping around the base of the hill.  Afterwards we went and had dinner at Gasthause Riedsee.  Laura and Reggie had the schnitzel with au-gratin potatoes, Brad had the pork medalions with au-gratin potatoes, and I had spinach and duck.  It was delicious.

I thought this door handle was fascinating, especially since it was on the chapel door at Hohenzolern Castle.

The next day we went to downtown Stuttgart, where we walked around and saw the sights, and took in some shopping.  It was a short but fun two days and we're glad they came!
Laura and Brad, Scholtzplatz, Stuttgart.
Laura and me, main square (Schlotzplatz), downtown Stuttgart.
I took pictures of each of the fountain statues, in this one I caught Brad, Reggie and Laura waiting for me on the other side. 
I loved how beautiful the purple flowers on this tree looked against the building behind them, Schlotzplatz, Stuttgart.
The four of us in downtown Stuttgart.
Reggie and Brad waiting for me and Laura to come out of a shop.  I loved the flower box behind them.

No comments: