Today, I was working away at my desk...well I can't say MY desk since I neither have a desk or a computer of my own yet! I was working using someone else's account (I can't get into mine until after a training session I will go through tomorrow), using someone else's computer (fortunately this individual was on leave because I was stealing his computer). I should add, the desk is in a building that isn't our building - we're just using this spot since our building is being refurbished and the place they assigned us to work has SLOW computer connections... I guess it's one of the hazards of working at a new command!! Fortunatley, everyone is really friendly or I'd be screwed!
We had to prebrief our General for this afternoon's General Officer VTC. I was the one briefing him! Talk about leaping right into it ;-) He said I did a good job and commented that he was looking forward to me doing my inbrief check in...lol.
We had to prebrief our General for this afternoon's General Officer VTC. I was the one briefing him! Talk about leaping right into it ;-) He said I did a good job and commented that he was looking forward to me doing my inbrief check in...lol.
Brad and the girls ran all over the base today and took their bikes for a short ride. Brad and I need bicycle helmets before we can go off post. I plan to ride my bike to work on Monday. It'll be good for me to add some more physical training to my life! On the way too work I'll ride slow and easy so I don't get sweaty, but on the way home I can ride hard if I want to! It'll be even faster than taking the bus for getting to work. My work is @ 6 miles from home so it's not that far. I work with someone who rides his bike every day and he's going to show me the route on Monday - he takes a way that is off the main roads so no one should be running over me!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us back in the States - it's fun to share your fun vicariously!
Hey, Lightning Rod, don't forget to include some snapshots of German woodworking if you have a chance.
All the best from PD in SD ;-)
Post a Comment