I had a crazy day at work today - heck just telling Brad all the madness that happened took me an hour! The good thing is the day was BEAUTIFUL, so after I got off work at 6:30, and we ate a quick supper (eggs in a burrito - Brad's with cheese and salsa, mine with cheese and a chopped up habanero (my guts are still burning) - yum).
I then I drug Brad out to walk around a lake we live near, the ducks are all paired up, the fish are biting, and it was a gorgeous night. I think it was in the 70's today. The only thing we did wrong is we forgot the camera! I'll get some shots next time.
The daffodils and tulips are in bloom - it smells so good here, with all the buds coming out on the trees and the grass going green. The sun set before we left the lake so as we were walking back we could see bats flying around. Brad commented that bats are a sign of a healthy ecosystem, they're pretty fragile so they are one of the first species to die in a bad environment.
Today was the way I was hoping Oklahoma would have been when we were there in spring break - but everything was so dry, the lakes were so low, and though it was warm everything was still dead. I guess there are a bunch of fires in Oklahoma now, I'm not surprised after how bad it was when we were there. It's worse than it's ever been in anyone's memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment