Sunday, April 5, 2009

Walking around downtown Stuttgart

Friday, April 3, was a beautiful day for two reasons, first it was a day off work - they call them "Training Holidays" and they are days off that the command decides to take - one each month! While I think they're kind of excessive, 12 days off a year on top of all the Federal Holiday - the number of hours I work coupled with my enjoyment of a good day off give me no qualms about enjoying them!

So Brad and I went to downtown Stuttgart and had lunch at our favorite restaurant - Arche. I had a wonderful parmesan, ruccola, cherry tomato salad with some potato soup. Brad had pork kabobs, with french fries and salad. We sat outside in the sun and enjoyed the weather and people watching.

After we finished lunch we decided to go for a long walk. We went past the state square, where we've gone many times in the past, and headed down - thinking we'd walk down to the zoo. The zoo is a couple miles down, but it's all parks - these are some pictures we took while walking.

When we reached a train station we hopped the train back to central downtown and had an ice cream, in addition to going into Brad's favorite hat shop and my favorite yarn store. Just a beautiful day!



No comments: