Sunday, June 8, 2008

1 week out!!

Well it has been a few weeks since I started this blog, but I haven't forgotten about it. I just haven't done anything worth writing about. Last week a friend of ours from San Diego came out to visit us. We had a great time. We REALLY miss our friends from there. The girls will come out here with us this week. We are really anxious for their visit.
We are moving in 8 days so things will really start to get rolling soon. We finally got a sponsor and are FINALLY getting s few answers. Looks like we may have to wait up to 60 days for base housing. There are supposed to be about 800 people moving on base right away. If the wait is longer than 60 days then we are authorized to live in the economy. I think there may be a pet weight limit as well. Since the dogs are big we may be over the limit and that would allow us to go out in town for housing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case.
Nikki will be working in the OP/LOG (J3/4) directorate. As of Friday there was only one person in the office. He is SWAMPED. He called Nikki at 10:30 pm his time and he was still at work!! They are all getting ready for the Oct. 1 stand up date. When she starts she will be really BUSY!!
As soon as we get there we must check in and then go to German cultural awareness classes for a couple of weeks. We must also get our international drivers licenses so we can pick up our car.
More later....Brad

No comments: