Saturday, September 13, 2008

American Airlines Rant

American Airlines - argh! First the tickets for the girls, bought 4 months out, cost over $400 each (without the additional unaccompanied minor fee we'll have to pay). Then there website times out - even though I was careful to not click anything else or twice. Then, not only do I not get an email from them or the itinerary showing up under the frequent flyer number. So I assumed that the computer had timed out and not taken my transaction. So, an hour later, I went back on and bought the girls tickets. Now, two weeks later, the second transaction posts and they've double booked the flight! Argh! So I called up and they told me, "I'm sorry ma'am, but it's your fault you bought two sets of tickets, we cannot refund your price, the best we can do is let you cancel the flight, with a $150/ticket charge and hold the remainder on credit.". Of course, I demanded to speak to a supervisor, and they told me they were transferrng me, only to hang up on me. So I call back, go through the whole thing again and amazingly they credited the fee - it should post sometime in the next MONTH! Idiots. Don't tell me they can't have a system that prevents this, especially when the tickets were for the exact same people, with the exact same frequent flyer number, on the exact same flight!!!!

No comments: