
Today, Saturday, Brad and I woke up, had our coffee and headed off to the flea market. It was cold and dreary today, And raining on and off. I had my umbrella, but I learned that I need to get a littler one. Mine is big enough for two people, which also means it's so big that it gets in eveyone else's way!We drove downtown and found parking then went walking around.While there was a lot of cool stuff - though much less than normal due to the weather, I bought a small fan there that I can use at work, costing me a whomping 5 Euro - about 8 dollars.

It works good - we checked it out when we got home.

Then we headed home. We were going to go out to lunch but instead decided to just get some bread & pretzels and then eat lunch at home. Next we stopped to pick up some paint. You are allowed to paint your walls here, the rule is they need to be able to cover it in one coat of white or you need to repaint it yourself. Brad decided this week that he was sick of the white walls and had them mix up some paint for us. Fortunately the paint and the painting supplies can all be picked up for free from the housing office. Brad was going to paint the front room later this week, while I'm gone - I'm headed out of town to Norfolk for a conference this week. But, since there was nothing on tv and it was a quiet afternoon, Brad started taping off the walls and we ended up painting everything today. At first we were really worried that it didn't come out right - it looked really splotchy, but we were both relieved as it all turned the same color when it dried. Two of these pictures are before shots - the first two are before shots with white walls, the next three are after shots.

While these aren't pictures of the whole house, they are a couple of the shots I've been owing you! The only thing we didn't like it the color is a lot like some of our furniture and the drapes. I think I'm going to get a maroon ribbon to sew onto the curtains to give it some contrast.
No comments:
Post a Comment