It was good to be in Norfolk, Virginia for a week.
- I was able to network and build relationships with the people I work with.
- I got to see old friends like Buddy, who lives there, and Fred, who was in town for a different conference.
- I was able to go shopping, especially book shopping :-).
- I was able to rack up another 11,000 miles on my Delta mileage - I'm about to become a Silver Medalion member (lol).
- I was able to work out in the mornings, since I woke up before 4:30 every day due to the time zone difference!
- I ate possibly the hottest Thai food I've ever had in my life -- Fred was laughing at me even while he shared it...it was oh, my god, hot. It was really good too! Plus I managed to snort some of the equally spicy soup up my nose and boy did it burn! I think I've never drunk so much water at one meal before.
- I got to eat at California Pizza Kitchen, Chick-fil-A, a Thai place, and Hooters (not my selection but the location where we had a "no host social" for the conference).
- I got to drink Starbucks Caramel Machiattos.
The only things that would have made it better (and it could have definitely used them) would have been Brad going with me, and meeting up with Kim. Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment